Healthy Ambos Save Lives is a campaign promoting adequate funding and use of funds for the Ambulance Service operating across New Zealand. We believe in an effective public healthcare system that works in the interests of New Zealanders.
Ambulance Professionals provide fast and skilled care to the community; they are there, often at the most traumatic times of our lives. Ambulance Professionals need a work environment that allows them to perform at their best at all times.
- Healthy Ambos Save Lives is about Ambulance Professionals receiving rest and meal breaks to ensure that they are fit to make the right decisions on the job to save lives.
- Healthy Ambos Save Lives is about hours of work being realistic, workable and safe.
- Healthy Ambos Save Lives is about Ambulance Professionals receiving suitable time to spend with family and friends.
- Healthy Ambos Save Lives is about recognising the impact on Ambulance Professionals’ emotional and mental wellness from their line of work.
Safe and skilled staffing levels:
- Healthy Ambos Save Lives is about all Ambulances being fully crewed with skilled staff so that patients get the best care possible and Ambulance Professionals are safe in vulnerable situations.
- Healthy Ambos Save Lives is about ensuring all Ambulance Professionals in New Zealand are fairly rewarded for the service they provide.
Healthy Ambos Save Lives is an Ambulance Professionals First campaign initiated by FIRST Union.